Your Kids Will Love These Baked Treats
Are you running behind your kids to make them eat? Do you have less time and looking for easy recipes?
If you are struggling to prepare tasty meals for your fussy kids, your search ends here. We are presenting some really easy recipes that will bring a smile on your child’s face. And of course, on yours too – watching them eat well.
Here are the two easy recipes that your kids will love to eat.
1. Chicken Spaghetti Bowl
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Two packet cherry tomatoes
- One medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- First, preheat broiler and line a pan with foil.
- Cook pasta as per the package directions, but without salt and oil.
- In the meantime, mix oil, garlic, onion, and tomatoes on prepared pan.
- Broil this mixture for around 4 – 6 minutes. When cooked, transfer it into a bowl.
- Also, transfer any liquid from the pan to a food processor.
- Then add 2 tablespoons basil and tomato paste into the liquid. Blend the broth until it achieves a smooth texture.
- Again, take the pan and combine tomato sauce, pepper, salt, and chicken into it.
- Cover the pan and cook chicken on medium heat until charred.
- Then remove chicken on the serving platter.
- Drain spaghetti and place it on the chicken platter.
- Chop remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over spaghetti.
- Finally, top the spaghetti with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve to your kid and watch him enjoying it!
2. Caramelized Banana French Toast
- One loaf day-old plain bread
- One medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup as almond milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
For caramelized bananas
- Two ripe sliced bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Combine ripe banana, almond milk, flour, vanilla extract, maple syrup, oil, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and black pepper in a blender to make French toast mixture.
- Blend everything well and transfer to a bowl.
- In a skillet add oil and French toast mixture over medium heat.
- Put bread slice in the pan for 2 seconds, flip it and soak from another side for another 2 seconds.
- Remove the bread from the batter and let the excess fall off.
- Further, place the bread slices in the hot skillet and cook for 4 – 6 minutes each side at medium-low heat.
- Flip the bread slice and cook on the other side.
- Remember to cook the batter on the bread slices quite thoroughly. Also, caramelize the banana in it but do not burn it. Note: When the French toast is not prepared well, the bread will not quickly release from the pan. Allow it to cook for some more minute or so.
- Transfer the bread on a serving plate.
- For preparing caramelized sauce, in a skillet add banana slices, sugar, almond milk, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt — Cook over medium heat.
- Cook it, occasionally stirring, till the mixture thickens.
- Drizzle the bread with caramelized bananas and some fresh fruit.
- Serve the French toast immediately as your child must be drooling over its aroma.