When was the last time you remembered to bake a delicious homemade pastry for your family and friends? We know in this modern era, many people rarely have that enough time to experiment in the kitchen with new ingredients and techniques to rustle up on the dishes that can be easy to prepare.
In case, you want to surprise your close ones with a delicious pastry as for sure a shop pastry could never win the heart than making your own pastry at home. So, why not to see some unknown tips that can help you to make perfect pastry? Step below to look on the types of pastries, some general tips and instructions to make a perfect homemade pastry, and then let your ingredients do all the work!
Types Of Pastries
- Sweet pastry
- Puff pastry
- Filo pastry
- Rough puff pastry
- Flaky pastry
- French flan pastry
- Hot water crust pastry
- Rich short pastry
Each pastry has a different set of methods that may slightly vary from its ingredients and has a slightly different structure of baking. Without any doubt, there are tons of pastries that you can make in your home. In addition to this, for a beginner, we would suggest the two basic styles that are easy and can make wonders for your recipe.
Sweet pastry is perfect for experimenting at home for the people who are trying their hand out for the very time in baking. Moreover, It is much better and is very easy to make than just buying the shop stuff. The sweet pastry can also be used as a base for all kind of chocolate tarts, sweet tarts and to all the way to make the frangipane. So, let’s look onto some general tips and baking ideas that can do wonders to bring the punch of taste and the flavors with the right cooking tips.
- To get the punch of sweet taste tries adding different flavors such as lemon zest, cinnamon, poppy seeds, orange zest that can complement the tart’s filling.
- To make soft and delicious sweet pastry dough, resting is the key! The freshly made pastry must not roll out as it may shrink.
- Ideally, the dough should be refrigerated overnight or at least for a few hours. Once the dough has a tart tin lined, it should be placed in the freezer for an hour.
- Do not overwork on the dough else it may become crumble and thick.
Puff pastry is one of the trickiest pastries one could master on! The puff pastry has its own aroma that attracts the sweet lovers when it comes fresh out of the oven. Its incredible ingredients from mille-feuille, treats, strudels to pie tops, trate tatin and cheese straws are all responsible for its heavenly taste. For a perfect taste, this pastry should be made on the right temperature and must have the perfect layers of butter that can lift its delicacy of taste.
- The dough should not be overworked as it may become elastic.
- The dough should be prepared in a cool environment to merge the butter smoothly with the pastry.
- The pastry dough should always be rolled out on the light surface so that it can have consistency and softness.
- The dough should be rested for at least 60 minutes in the fridge.