Weight loss is extremely reliant on what you eat. Foods can have tremendously different impacts on your hunger and the number of calories you burn.
Vegetarian, vegan, or omnivore – there are fabulous healthy recipes for all kinds of eaters.
Below are the four weight-loss recipes that will help you burn calories as well as to stay healthy.
1. Red Lentil Soup
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large diced stalks celery
- One large diced carrot
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups of water
- One whole bay leaf
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- Olive oil, yogurt, or other toppings of your choice
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan until simmering.
- Add the chopped celery, carrot, onion, and salt and stir to mix.
- Cover the lid and allow the vegetable to poach.
- Stir vegetables occasionally in between cooking until you see that the onions are translucent and soft.
- Then put the lentils, water, and bay leaf in the saucepan and bring up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and allow to simmer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until the lentils start to fall apart.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice in the lentils soup.
- Season the soup with salt as per your taste.
- Serve the soup into a bowl with a dollop of plain yogurt, or olive oil, or any other topping of your desire.
2. Beef with Veggie Salad
- 2 tbsp dry red quinoa
- 3 oz lean beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet cook beef until tender.
- In the meantime, cook quinoa in the saucepan as directed on the package.
- When cooked toss it with greens, broccoli, pepper, salt, and cooked beef in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
3. Low Carb Eggless Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- More oil for frying
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix well flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Further, pour honey, low-fat milk, oil, vanilla extract, and water. Whisk everything into a batter.
- Scoop some batter in a frying pan and spread it to shape into a circle. Fry on medium heat.
- Cook one side for around 2 minutes then flip it to fry on the other side.
- When cooked thoroughly remove it from the pan.
- Do same for the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with some fruit or maple syrup.
4. Matcha Smoothie
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 12 cubes ice
- Gently press matcha powder through a small sieve into a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Whisk three tablespoons boiled and cooled water into the matcha powder until the mixture is smooth and no lumps are left.
- Add ice cubes, matcha mixture, and coconut milk in the blender.
- Pulse until smoothie reaches the desired consistency.