How do you end your dinner in a significant way? How about a dessert? Sounds delicious right? However, you may worry about the effect it might have on your health. Don’t worry. We are here to save the day. Read on to discover some of the tastiest yet healthy baking recipes you can find on the internet.
Healthy Baking Recipes: Lemon Cream Pie
If you want to prepare a tasty pie and all you have is 30 mins, try out our very own Lemon Cream pie. However, note that you will need to chill it for four hours before it’s ready for you to devour!
The following are the ingredients you will need to prepare the delicious and healthy Lemon Cream Pie. Keep in mind that the quantities indicated are of serving people.
- You will need 2/3 cup sugar
- Use 1/3 cup cornstarch
- You will need 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Use 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- You will need one large egg, beaten
- Use one tablespoon butter or stick margarine, softened
- You will need one tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Use 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- You will need 1 (6-ounce) reduced-fat graham cracker crust
- Use 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, softened
How To Make It?
Firstly, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt inside a saucepan and stir it well in milk. Continue to stir it until the mixture starts to boil. It will consume a couple of minutes at most. At the end of two minutes, take the dough away from heat. Take one-fourth of the mixture and mix it with beaten eggs. However, keep stirring all the while.
Now you have to cook the mixture while stirring continuously for about three minutes or it becomes thick; whichever first.
Take a bowl of ice water and set the saucepan on it. While stirring it continuously, allow it to cool down for about five minutes. Finally, put this mixture into the crust. All that’s remaining now for you to do is chill for four hours.
Healthy Baking Recipes: Chocolate Pie Topped With Cream
Who does not love a chocolate pie? Add to it, delicious cream for topping! Take a look at our mouth-watering delicacy. Here are the ingredients you will need. The quantities shown here are for ten servings
- You will need 40 graham crackers (10 full cracker sheets)
- Use two tablespoons sugar
- You will need two tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- Use one large egg white
- You will need cooking spray
How To Prepare?
- To make the crust, process the crackers until they crumble. Mix butter, egg, and sugar until the mixture is moist. Heat the mixture at about 350 degrees and for the next minutes cool it on a wire rack.
- For making the filling, mix milk, sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa thoroughly ina large bowl.
- Heat half a cup of milk to about 180 degrees. However, make sure you don’t boil it. While continuously stirring add milk to the sugar mixture. Add chocolate and cook for about 5 minutes under medium flame. Pour the mixture into the crust and allow it to chill for about three hours.