If it is your loves birthday, but the person has diabetes, their illness should not stop them from celebrating their birthday – especially cutting the birthday cake. Everybody would love to have a piece of cake on their birthday celebrating the day with their family and friends.
So, why not prepare a diabetic friendly carrot cake recipes for them? This carrot cake is delicious with the heavenly cream cheese frosting. Plus a sound decision for a diabetic person to enjoy the delicacy without neglecting their health!
Carrot Cake For Diabetic
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups shredded carrot (about 6 medium)
- Four eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sugar substitute blend equal to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- brown sugar substitute blend equal to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces softened reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- For Garnishing
- Coarsely shredded carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Also, grease two 8 inch round baking pan and line bottom of the pan with parchment paper. You can also lightly flour the parchment paper. Keep it aside.
- Add flour, flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Further, mix finely shredded carrot, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and oil in another large bowl.
- Now pour this egg batter all at once to the flour mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Then pour the carrot cake batter into prepared cake pans, dividing evenly.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven to bake for 25 – 30 min. Tip: Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean means your cake baked perfectly.
- Transfer the cake pan on a wire rack to cool.
- After 10 min, invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool down thoroughly.
- In meanwhile, prepare the cake frosting.
- In a medium bowl, whisk softened reduced-fat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until it reaches to a smooth consistency.
- Then add vanilla and whisk.
- Slowly add powdered sugar. Keep whisking until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of the topping into the cream cheese mixture and fold well to lighten.
- Then fold in the remaining whipped topping in the cream cheese, mix again.
- Note: This will make around 1-3/4 cups of cream cheese frosting.
- Now put the cake to a large cutting board and using the knife level it by cutting the bulging top.
- Pipe the prepared Cream Cheese Frosting on top of one cake layer.
- Put the second layer cake on top of it and top it up evenly with cream cheese frosting.
- Finally, garnish your cake with coarsely shredded carrot.
- The carrot cake is ready to be served to your diabetic family member.