“After searching in my favorites paper files for something sweet and easy to make to take over to my chocolate loving son and DIL, I came across this recipe that I made years ago, yes this is a really old recipe that I should have already posted but somehow did not get around to doing so. For quickness and ease just spread in a buttered 8-inch pan and cut into squares that is what I usually do. Rice Krispies are great in place of the oats”
- 1/2 cup butter (for subs, please read my note on bottom of How To Make it)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or light cream or evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (can increase to 1/3 cup, I found 1/4 cup was enough for me)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky, do not use natural peanut butter!)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats (quick-cooking OR 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal)
- In a large heavy saucepan, add the butter, sugar, salt, evaporated milk and cocoa; stir over medium-high heat until ingredients are smooth and combined (about 2 minutes) then bring to a FULL boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring once or twice, the mixture MUST boil for 3 minutes, NO LESS AND NO MORE, anything more than 3 minutes will create a dry crumbly texture.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Mix in oats until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for about 3 minutes to semi-firm up.
- Using a tablespoon drop mixture baking sheets lined with parchment paper (Mixture will firm up after about 1 hour of sitting time (to speed up the firming process place into refrigerator) OR spread in an 8 x 8-inch pan, chill then cut into squares.
Crispy Rice Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are an amazing treat for those who love peanut butter, chocolate, crispy rice cereal, rice crispy treats, and/or those looking for a dessert that requires zero baking! Not only are they jam packed with sweet peanut butter flavor with the most amazing crunch, but they come together in less than 15 minutes.
Plus, chocolate is involved, only 5 ingredients are needed, no baking is required, AND these tasty lumps can be changed up to include all sorts of goodies.
They are basically the only cookie recipe you’ll need during the toasty spring and summer months. And you guys, I’m going to give it to you straight – these cookies are sweet. Which makes them ideal for folks with a big sweet tooth and a perfect project for kids (provided you don’t mind their hands getting messy!), as they are super easy to make!
So try this recipe and enjoy at home guilt-free.