If you are planning to make a chocolate cake differently, this recipe is for you. The mini-sized, yummy, and light chocolate cake perfect for two or a small family. The small version of the chocolate cake yet tasting the same.
Mini Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- One large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 ounces melted and cooled semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 16 ounces store-bought white frosting
- Red food color
To Make The Cake:
- Place oven racks to the center of your oven, preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Additionally, grease the sides of a 4-inch round, springform cake tin with parchment paper and line the base.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, keep stirring in between until fully melted.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar till light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar one-at-a-time in a large bowl. Also, pour the milk and beat well. Note: Don’t worry, if it looks curdled or separated. It’ll become smooth once you fold the flour into it.
- So, add the flour mixture and melted chocolate into the butter mixture. Fold well until smooth.
- Now pour this batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Place it on the oven rack and bake for 30 minutes, until you see a toothpick comes out clean when entered in the center of the cake.
- Transfer the chocolate cake from the oven. Set aside to cool for 10 min.
- Now remove the cake from the pan, lift the parchment paper and put it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cake cools, cut it into half to separate in 2 layers. Keep aside.
- To make the chocolate frosting
- Begin by creaming the butter and powdered sugar with a stand or hand mixer until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Then add in the melted chocolate and cocoa little by little until combined thoroughly.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
For The Red Frosting
- Divide the frosting evenly among two bowls.
- Add the red food color to one bowl, mix until you see the frosting reaches your desired pink color.
- Pour the frosting to a dual piping bag. Set aside.
For Layering The Cake
- Place one of the cake halves over a flat surface which you can move.
- Coat 1/4 cup of the chocolate frosting onto its top.
- Then set another half of the cake on top of the frosting.
- Again, add a thin layer of chocolate frosting all over the cake in a thin layer coating evenly. Refrigerate the cake for 30 min.
- Remove take it out from the fridge and spread another layer of chocolate frosting. Smooth the whole icing over the cake using an offset spatula.
- Once more, refrigerate it for 30 min.
- Finally, pipe it with pink and white frosting on the top, giving your preferred design.
- The mini cake is ready to devour!