We all have days when we just can’t find the energy or motivation to cook. It’s easy enough to pick up a pizza, but what if you don’t want another greasy take-out meal? What do you do?
You could order a salad, but who wants to spend their evening chopping vegetables and tossing them with dressing only to leave half of it in the fridge for tomorrow? You could make something from scratch, which is definitely healthier and more satisfying than processed food – but who has time for that on those nights when you’re too tired or busy to even think about cooking? And as much as we might wish otherwise, most of us are not Julia Childs.
The answer then is no bake recipes like these no bake cornflake cookies without peanut butter. All it takes is a little planning and you can make these delicious no bake cornflake cookies without peanut to satisfy your sweet tooth in under an hour!
What is a no bake cornflake cookie?
A no bake cornflake cookie is a classic, easy-to-make, kid-friendly cookie that doesn’t require any baking. The ingredients are simple—cornflakes, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt—and the cookies can be made in minutes. Plus, there’s no need to worry about taking the cookies out of the oven at just the right moment; with this recipe, there’s no baking required!
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups cornflakes
Optional: 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and stir until well combined.
3. Add the cornflakes and stir until they are all coated in the butter mixture.
4. If you’re using chocolate chips, fold them in now.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
6. Let the cookies cool at room temperature until they are set, about 30 minutes.
7. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
8. Your no bake cornflake cookies without peanut butter are ready to be served.
Final Thoughts and Tips:
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. With this simple recipe, even novice cooks can create delicious no bake cornflake cookies without peanut butter that will amaze their friends and family. This recipe of no bake cornflake cookies without peanut butter is very versatile; you can add in any mix-ins you like, such as nuts, dried fruit, or sprinkles. You could also make them into bars by pressing the dough into an 8×8-inch baking dish and then cutting them into squares once they’ve cooled. You can also make a peanut butter version of this recipe as per your preference. Enjoy!